Friday, October 11, 2019

Banksy pop up shop in Croydon

I was really lucky I was in Croydon as Banksy had a pop up shop there even though you can't really go in.
My favourite pieces were the baby cot and the grave.

For more details on the exhib:
https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/10/retail-gazette-loves-banksys-pop-up-shop-in-croydon/

Quoted from this article:
Banksy has opened a pop-up shop in Croydon, South London, featuring the stab vest he designed for Stormzy’s iconic performance at Glastonbury.

Known as Gross Domestic Product, the store is a window display in a former carpet shop that will sell a range of “impractical and offensive” merchandise by Banksy.

Items on sale go for as little as £10.

“I’m opening a shop today,” the artist said on Instagram.

“Although the doors don’t actually open.”

Banksy revealed the reasoning behind the venture, calling it “possibly the least poetic reason to ever make some art”.

“A greetings cards company is contesting the trademark I hold to my art, and attempting to take custody of my name so they can sell their fake Banksy merchandise legally,” he said.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...